Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this an open water swim?
- Yes. Please make sure part of your training includes prep work in open water swimming and acclimitizing to colder water temperatures. Weekly practice will help with this.
- Do I need a wetsuit?
- It is your choice to wear a wetsuit or not. Water temperatures are expected to be in the low 60's. We will update this in the weeks preceding race day
- Where can I buy a wetsuit?
- Go to https://www.xterrawetsuits.com/pages/ctc and use the code CO-PARKSM for a discounted price if you wish
- Where can I rent a wetsuit?
- Check out https://triwetsuitrentals.com/ to get more information about renting a wetsuit. Use the coupon code BOZEMANTRI to get 20% off your purchase.
- Do I need my own bike?
- Yes, you will need to bring your own bike (road or mountain bike)
- Please make sure your bar ends are capped
- Is the bike course all on pavement?
- There is a short section of trail before the mount line that you will accomplish; same section after the dismount line as well to head back into transition area
- What is the run course like?
- The run course is a mixture of trails and concrete sidewalks
- Where is transition located?
- Transition area (TA) is located on the west end of the East Gallatin Recreation Area
- TA is on a grassy surface
- Immediately leaving TA you will have to walk/jog your bike on a gravel path before you get to the mounting area
- Do I need to be USA Triathlon member to race?
- Yes, either an annual membership or one day license is necessary to race
- What are the competitive rules for race day?
- Click https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/About/Multisport/Competitive-Rules for a complete list of rules
- You can also click to download the file about the commonly violated rules